The Building Committee had its proposed plans for a new Fellowship Hall reviewed by the District Board of Church Location and Building. The District Board approved the basic plans. After some minor architectural revisions to the building and its placement on the property on the north side of the sanctuary, a congregational open forum was held for all members and friends of the church to hear the Building Committee's proposal and to ask questions and offer comments. Following this open forum, a Church Conference was set by our District Superintendent, Rev. John Davis, for all members of the church to vote on this plan. This vote was approved.
Capital Fund Campaign: In 2002, the church participated in a Capital Fund Campaign. This Capital Fund giving period ends December, 2005. This campaign was directed by Rev. Ernie Porter of Church Funding Associates. Estimated cost of the new Fellowship Hall Building is about $450,000. Duke Endowment funds may be available.
Fellowship hall work
will involve the new
building above, plus remodeling the existing Fellowship Hall.
Phase I will
be remodeling the existing Fellowship Hall in 2005 :
* Ducted heating
* New exterior windows
* New ceiling tile and lights
* Choir storage room / office
* Handicap bath and shower.
* Later division into Music Room and Youth Room.
II will be remodeling the walkway between the education
building and the Sanctuary.
* Move the north wall out to the edge of the roof, making the area wider, and symmetric to the Sanctuary.
* Replace glass on both sides with thermo pane windows similar to those in the existing Fellowship Hall
* Replace outside doors.
* Install ceramic tile on the floor.
* Install new lighting.
* Install heating and cooling.
.Phase III will be building the new Fellowship Hall.